Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Worship

Performance

Performance Event of International Performance Art festival Bangladesh 2011
Date: January 31, 2011
Artist Rashid Chowdhury Gallery of Chittagong Institute Of Fine Arts
Materials: Foam Shave, Shaving Razors , Water, Jug , Towel, Rose, Bandages


 


 
We stand up on two legs. We are going fast gradually. We need to go far as well. We convey our worship on the feet of our god. I pray with my legs. I convey my worship with my feet for long way to go.
I shaved my two legs once and decorated them with roses pasting with Bandages on feet. Each foot used two roses. After the decoration with roses I ascent my legs upside down and stayed few minutes in this position. I adopted this performance from different rites and rituals of Hindu’s, our countries and the subcontinent.