Sunday, November 15, 2015

A Turn

A single channel video with sound and photographs
HD 1920x1080, Stereo
Six minutes thirty seconds
Voice and sound: Palash Bhattacharjee
ONLY CONNECT- EDITION 3,  Daily Star Bengal Arts Precinct Gallery, Dhaka, 2015.

The changing skyline, impacting the weather and my own sense of reality, which has been overwhelmed by the changing urban sites, informs this video, which captures an experiential reality. I was instantly stimulated by the sight of coming rain seen through a small rented home on a top tower in Shahbag, Dhaka. I often scanned the skyline from the window of this rented home. The video had taken a while to make as it was based on a single shot view of changing weather, which frequently encourages my spirit. That spirit also redefined my own voice and came out in a repetitive chant. In a momentary lapse of reason, my mood was turned into a cosmic sense of reality.

Text edited by Mustafa Zaman




Exhibition Image


A Turn from Palash Bhattacharjee on Vimeo.


The book of 'A turn', process shots, 5 pages photographs book,  each print size: 32cmx21cm