Sunday, June 22, 2014

drop the matter please

Single Channel Video Installation with sound
3 Minutes 48 Seconds 
First Show at Young  Artists Art Exhibition 2014
National Art Gallery, Shilpakala Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Some events of my childhood,
I wanted to play some games that others play but did not know how to play or could not play that game. Some toys were so attractive to me that I could spend a whole day only with those toys without disturbing others or without being disturbed. I could throw those toys on stairs or on the floor. I got the idea of this video from those unfulfilled desires. Still, those memories inspire me to live the life in the midst of limitless suffering, lacking and dissatisfaction.

I made the part of this video project ‘Drop the Matter Please’ in a bit unclear, soft light to projection on terrace floor.

drop the matter please from Palash Bhattacharjee on Vimeo.

I made another part of ‘drop the matter’  in 2011 taking the scene and sound of dropping marbles from stairs, which I presented in 2012 in Dhaka Art Summit.






Image 19th Young Artists Art Exhibition, National
Art Gallery, Shilpakala Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh 2014