Sunday, June 22, 2014

Untitled

Performance
Shilpakala Academy Chittagong,  Bangladesh
December  21,  2013

 http://vimeo.com/98241383
Untitled from Palash Bhattacharjee on Vimeo.


The performance dedicated to martyred of Liberation War of 71 in Bangladesh. The performance event named '71 Minutes and 16 Seconds' which is actually inspired by date 16 December, 1971.  The year, 2013 was a special year for (Shahbag protest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Shahbag_protests) the trial of war criminals. Though I expressed my solidarity with the movement, I was reacting with the activities about the chaos of political propaganda which is actually creating difficulties against peoples’ claim for trial of war criminal.







 In my activity, I broadcasted my recorded voice where I announce the name of Pakistani armies and their Bangladeshi collaborators called Rajakar, Al Badar, Al Shams  who are accused of war crime.  I threw talcum powder on the floor of gallery. Then I was cuffing and I broadcasted it on the microphone. When the talcum powder  was finished I cleaned the dust and powder using a blower and broadcasted noise of blower  highly loaded using the microphone.